I’m done! My first full adult sweater for BINGOMG is finished! Wheeeeee!!
- Pattern: Maritime, Project Page
- Yarn: Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd’s Wool Worsted in Lakeshore
- Size: 44
- Needle size: US7 for body, US4 for ribbing
- Dates: Jan 9 – 20, 2017
- Tubular CO and BO.
- I really need to get a better idea of what size I am. It’s got a lot of positive ease, but in the similar theme of Textured it is bigger than I would like it to be ideally. So whatever size I end up choosing for my next sweater, I’m going to go down one.
- Seaming was a bit of a PITA because of the decreases being on the selvage edge. I also forgot how to mattress seam until I had already done all four raglan seams, so those were fun to undo and redo. My problem though, not the patterns.
- Pattern doesn’t actually say what to do with the stitches at the back. Bind them off. You’ll have to pick up 3 out of every 4 BO stitches along the back and arms, 2/3 of the neck and front.
- There is a LOT of excess fabric in the pits. I don’t know how well it was tested on the larger sizes, because it calls for binding off 17 on each side for size 44, and only 4 for the smallest size. The range there (4, 10, 17, 23, 30) makes sense for the sizing kind of but it results in a ton of fabric there. I don’t know how to go about fixing this on possible future iterations (for all you lovely people) but I’ll think about it and come back to you.
- Oh yeah, the yarn is really lovely in color. A bit scratchy but that’s to be expected. Beauuuuuuutiful color though.
Thanks always to C.J. Papertits for modelling.