Sewing Sunday – SUAT Brazi and Bunzies

Okay well technically this Sewing Sunday was all sewn on Saturday…but you get the gist! I whipped both of these up really quick yesterday, but we went out that night and didn’t get a chance to share!

You can’t take us ANYWHERE.

I found the Bunzies pattern a couple weeks ago and decided I just needed to make myself underpants. And pole shorts. All the pole shorts. Then just a few days ago, someone on one of the many fabric/pattern-based FB groups I belong to (THANKS ARI) shared their Brazi/Bunzie combo and I was sold. Just so happens that Stitch Upon A Time (SUAT) has a coupon code right now and that solidified my need to make them immediately (coupon code in their Facebook group).

  • Pattern: Stitch Upon A Time – Brazi and Bunzies
  • Size: Brazi – Large extended coverage, band size 4. Bunzies – Large, high waist full coverage.
  • Fabric:
    • Once again random fabric from Fabricland that I bought MONTHS ago and didn’t write down what it was. OFC.
      • The grey is what I would firmly describe as “athletic” fabric, great four way stretch and recovery.
      • The stripes is…scuba? Thickish, doubleknit, good two way stretch. Correct me if I’m wrong, I am still majorly learning fabric names. Such a newb.
  • Modifications:
    • Left out the elastic on the Brazi. And cut two half-bands (plus seam allowance) because it worked out better to do so while cutting. So the seams on are both sides instead of just one in the back. Which, frankly, I like way better. The side seams from the front/back just continue all the way down.
    • Left out the liner on the Bunzies because they’re pole shorts :p

I’m really pleased with how they both turned out!

First up, the Brazi.

There is a lot of compression on this, especially since it’s only 2 way stretch.

The cross-strap back is perfect for keeping straps from falling off shoulders.

I was a little concerned that it wouldn’t fit, because when I tried it on pre-band, I had a bit of underboob showing. But the band did it’s job. I immediately did a handstand-test and didn’t boob myself in the face so I call it a win!

Next up the Bunzies:

It is really really hard to take a picture of your own butt. This was the best I could do without finding my shutter button, but it was definitely not good enough.

I’ll admit, I’m sucking in a bit here. But hey I’m posting pictures of my butt on the ‘net, it’s my right to try to make it look as nice as possible.

I had to do the leg band on the first leg a couple of times to get the seams so line up, because I goofed it up the first time. But it was worth picking out and doing again.

HOLY BUTTS BATMAN. Anyways, there’s really decent coverage with this pattern unmodded. I will probably try again in the future to fully cover the gluteal fold – but since I already own pole shorts smaller than these, I think they’ll do just fine.

They fit really nicely. Only thing I might keep in mind is narrowing the crotch bit – or at least making sure I’m doing the full 1/2″ seam allowance there. I think I got closer to 1/4″ when putting the band on because whoops, and it’s a little bunchy. Oh well.