So with the frogging of Fireside underway, it’s time to queue something else up for that yarn. Combined with the completely unexpected and annoying snow yesterday, it’s going to be started ASAP.
- Pattern: Eased, Project Page
- Date queued: Feb 15, 2017
- Yarn required: 780-1430 yards for 33-52″ bust
- Yarn stashed: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Bulky – in Garnet Heather
- Difficulties foreseen:
- At some point I’m going to have to stop saying “gauge” here but this is not that time.
- Size? Maybe? Calls for 3-5″ positive ease, so I think I’m going to do size 40.5.
- I’m going to leave off the funnel neck. Wide necks for lyfe, yo.
As per usual, and since it’s the same yarn as Fireside, it was spot-on for gauge pre-blocking and too big post-blocking. Went down from the recommended US11 to US10.5 and while my row gauge is off by 1 st per 4″, I like the fabric more.
- Pattern gauge is 13×16
- Unblocked 13×17
- Blocked 12×15
- Unblocked 15×20
- Blocked 13×17
And with that, it’s time to cast on!