Way back in September 2016 we posted a Sunday Link Love that included Within. It’s a pattern collection between Jane Richmond and Shannon Cook – two authors we really like. Since then I’ve wanted to make basically everything in it (Tread will likely be my next hat). I didn’t know what I was going to make it in until Knitpicks had a sale on their red and pink yarns for Valentines Day. I grabbed some heathered dark red superwash bulky and here we are 🙂
- Pattern: Fireside Pullover, Project Page
- Date queued: October 5, 2016
- Yarn required: 740-1372 yards bulky weight – sizes 28-48
- Yarn stashed: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Bulky – in Garnet Heather
- Difficulties foreseen:
- Gauge as usual. See below.
- Going with size 36″ because the model has 2″ of negative ease. All the projects that I liked looked like they had negative ease as well, it makes the shawl collar sit nicer.
US9 is what is recommended. It looks good, but grew after a bath.
Pre-blocking it’s spot on at 17 sts for 4″, but a little short at 20 rows for 4″.
Post blocking it’s 15.5 sts for 4″ and 19 rows for 4″.
US8 up next and clocks in at 16.5 sts by 21 rows for 4×4″. It’s a half stitch off in each direction (post-blocking) and is the winner! Will go down to US7 for hem and cuffs 🙂