It’s Tuesday Queuesday! Don’t know what that is? I don’t blame you, we just made it up! In these posts we’ll talk about our plans for future projects. A place to gather thoughts and figure things out.
We have a winner for Mike’s next sweater: Marcel. He’s been wearing the crap out of Emilien the last couple of weeks, so I’m really excited to get going on this.
- Pattern: Marcel, project page
- Date queued: Nov 16th, 2016
- Yarn required: 1148 – 1859 yards, Finished bust circumference 35.5 (37.75 – 41.25 – 49.5 – 53.5)”
- Yarn purchased: Cascade 220 Superwash – 1946, 8 skeins, 1760 yards.
- Needle size: US7 for body, US6 for ribbing.
- Difficulties foreseen:
- Not many, this time.
- Doing size 41.25″ for a bit of positive ease.
- The shoulder shaping is interesting (read through the pattern last night!), but should work fine.
- I’ve never done a short row top down cap sleeve before, so it’ll be a first for me.
- Gauge shouldn’t be a problem since the designer used 220SW. <3
- I am going to do a tubular CO and BO (sleeve, shawl collar), because it just looks super professional.
Long tail CO 26 sts. Knit 5 rows (3 garter ridges), stockinette for 26 rows (including 7 knits on the WS to indicate needle size), knit 5 rows (3 garter ridges), bound off knitwise on the WS.
I didn’t manipulate my swatch in any way. Just rinsed with cold water, and pressed the excess out with a microfiber cloth. The results are promising.
My row gauge is on point.
My stitch gauge is almost exact – probably 19.25 stitches if you want to get super specific.
This sweater will likely never be blocked, just thrown in the washer and dryer. 220SW, I love you so much, please never change.