Remember how last week I wrote about Sleeve Island and my thing where I take forever to knit a first sleeve and then knit the second one in three days? The same thing happened with this sweater. I cast on the second sleeve Sunday night and finished it in the middle of the day Tuesday (yesterday). Whereas with the first sleeve I put off the last 5-10 rows for literally days, I banged these ones out in the time you would normally expect it to take to knit 5-10 rows, i.e. not very long at all.
Then came the arduous process of joining the sleeves with the body to start the yoke. This is my first time knitting a seamless bottom-up sweater and the join definitely makes this NOT one of my favorite construction methods. Sleeves flailing everywhere! It did improve after a few rows and I am now making solid progress on the yoke.
This might be overly optimistic, but I am hoping I can finish off the knitting before tomorrow night, since I really want to start Thermal Tunic and the yarn for that arrives tomorrow, as I wrote about in Monday’s post. The colorwork is really fun, which helps the over-200-stitch rounds pass quickly. And they are getting shorter, after all!